seal_nonnie: (Default)
[personal profile] seal_nonnie
Hello fanworker!
I go by Brachylagus_fandom on AO3. I'm currently caught up to the anime and LA both. All requests are for fic & art. Treats welcome and enabled!

DNWs: gore, animal cruelty, major character death, character bashing

Additional Tags I'm Requesting Across Requests
    • POV Outsider: I feel that Outsider POV allows for a lot of great worldbuilding (what does the outsider expect to see? why?), comedy (via misinterpretation of what's going on), and a real understanding that these people are Not Normal (said with love), even by the standards of their society.
    • Worldbuilding: Always a fan of this! What does the history of this world look like, and what does life look like logistically for different groups of people, or people in different places? How do our big orgs work? (I requested One Piece for Worldbuilding Ex, if you'd like some more specific prompts on this.)
    • Hurt/Comfort: Probably my most favorite fic genre. Favorite subtropes include: suffering hurt for someone else, unexpected comfort/comfort from an unexpected source, hurtee suffering stoically until they eventually break down, flip of typical hurtee/comfortee roles in a relationship. I think One Piece also leans into emotional comfort, especially the realization that there are other people ready and willing to provide it, a lot and am 100% for it.
    • Character Unexpectedly Turned into a Child: I love this trope a lot; it's the combo of the (unwilling) (traumatic) backstory reveal, hurt comfort, and an inherently outside perspective from the deagee. A bunch of tastes I really like individually that taste great together!
    • Time Travel - I'm a big fan of both linear time travel and time loops. Whether change is possible or not, having characters experience an event from a new perspective (or just repeatedly, or with future knowledge) lends an interesting POV to what's going on. How do people who haven't traveled react to the traveler?
    • Alternate Universe - Canon Divergence: What needs to happen differently for a situation to go a different way, and what are the knock-on effects of those changes? I love it when these are at least a little bit messy, and don't have quite the outcomes the participants intended.
    • Alternate Universe: Everyone Lives/Nobody Dies: I am a fix-it girlie at heart, and I love a good AU fixing character deaths (and how those characters impact/react to events that they're now around to see).
    • Alternate Universe - Daemons: I feel like daemon AUs are an excellent way of exploring a character's personality and upbringing: is the creature common to where they grew up (but not necessarily where they are now), or rarer? What does it signify to the character, and what does it imply to everyone else? I also really love same-gender daemons, and the many things that they could imply/represent; it kind of reminds me of the Ds, in a way.
    • Unlikely friendship - I love the ways the Strawhats end up bonding with new allies, bystanders, and nominal enemies alike, and I'd love to see more of it. What's some common ground for this relationship?
    • Alternate Universe - Different First Meeting: I love how first impressions shape character's relationships, and different first meetings are a great way to do it. What happens if these characters meet as children? As two mercenaries hired by the same person? In jail?
    • Alternate Universe - Role Reversal: I'd love to see a backstory swap for various characters, and how that change in circumstances affects them but doesn't 100% change who they are.
    • Hijinks & Shenanigans - I love some great shenaniganery! Especially when normally-serious characters get in on the action.
    • Ambiguous Relationships - I love relationships that aren't easy to identify as friendly or adversarial, or plantonic or romantic. I love enemy mine scenarios, and I love smarm, and intense platonic intimacy that others read as romantic/sexual.
    • Character Thinks No One Is Coming to Save Them (Everyone is Coming to Save Them): This is one of my ride-or-die tropes! Whether a version of the incidents we see in-show (Arlong Park springs to mind) or a terrible misadventure of your own making, I am always all for a big damn heroes moment when someone thinks they're past redemption.

And here is the total list of additional tags I grabbed from the tagset before realizing that it contained over a hundred of them. I love all of these things, and would be happy to see any of them in my gift.
  • Formats: 5+1 Things, Ambiguous/Open Ending, Epistolary, POV Outsider, Slice of Life, Unreliable Narrator
  • Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst with a Happy Ending, Comedy, Crack Treated Seriously, Fix-It, Fluff, Fluff and Angst, Fluff and Humor, Fluff and Hurt/Comfort, Missing Scene, Relationship Study, Whump
  • Hurt/Comfort: Fluff and Hurt/Comfort, Aftermath of Torture, Exploring Freedom, Horror - Dream Logic, Metaphorical ghosts of character's tragic past start to manifest physically, Missions Gone Wrong, Nightmares that are memories, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder - PTSD, Rape Recovery
  • Tropes: Accidental Marriage, Comes Back Wrong, Hidden Talents, Hijinks & Shenanigans, Identity Porn, Idiots Sharing One Braincell, Long Lost/Secret Relatives, Miscommunication, Marriage of Convenience, Marriage of Convenience Leads to Mutual Pining, Temporary Amnesia, Enemies to Lovers, Enemies to Friends, Rivals to Lovers
  • Scenarios: Adult or Teenage Character's Childhood Backstory, captured by marines together leading to co-dependence, Character Thinks No One is Coming to Save Them (Everyone is Coming to Save Them), Character Unexpectedly Turned Into a Child, Going on an Adventure, Heist, Kidnapping as adoption, Pirate Ships are Sentient, Stranded Together and Waiting for Crew to Find Them, taking a note from whitebeard and kidnapping people you want in your crew, when you have been a baby sitter for all these people
  • Ambiguous Relationships, Characters act like divorced spouses despite never having been together, Developing Relationship, Everyone Thinks They're Together, Fighting as a form of flirting, Growing Old Together, I Confessed My Love Because I Was About To Die...But Then I Survived, I Was Trying To Flirt But I Keep Accidentally Insulting You, I've Been Trying to Date You For A While But You Thought We Were Already Together, Old Married Couple, Stoic character is actually desperately in love
  • Setting changes: Alternate Universe - Actual Historical Pirates, Alternate Universe - Criminals, Alternate Universe - Cyberpunk, Alternate Universe - Daemons, Alternate Universe - Gangsters, Alternate Universe - Space, Alternate Universe - Space Opera, Alternate Universe - Space Pirates, Alternate Universe - Spies & Secret Agents, Alternate Universe - Superheroes/Superpowers, Alternate Universe - Wings, Pen Pals AU - Best friends online but we hate each other irl, Werewolves
  • Alternate Universe - Soulmates: Soul Bond, Accidental Soul Bond, Soulmate-Identifying Marks
  • Alternate Universe - Canon Divergence, Alternate Universe - Age Changes, Alternate Universe - Childhood Friends, Alternate Universe - Different First Meeting, Alternate Universe - Role Reversal, Different Devil Fruit, Characters are now (step-)siblings, Marine Monkey D. Luffy
  • Alternate Universe - Everyone Lives/Nobody Dies, Donquixote "Corazon" Rosinante Lives, Kuina (One Piece) Lives, Portgas D. Ace Lives, Portgas D. Rouge Lives, Vinsmoke Sora Lives
  • One Piece Specific: Animanga & Live Action Fusion, Conqueror's Haki (One Piece), D bearers don't take no for an answer, Devil Fruits Are More Than They Seem, Lost Roronoa Zoro, Luffy's Mom is the Sea, Nefertari Vivi is a Member of the Straw Hat Pirates, Roronoa Zoro and Sanji Bickering, Yamato is a Member of the Straw Hat Pirates, Tenryuubito | Celestial Dragons | World Nobles, The Vinsmoke Siblings Have Emotions (One Piece), Zoro has Cursed Swords, Yoru is Haunted
  • Worldbuilding, Thalassocracy Logistics
  • Time Travel, Time Loop, Time Travel - Character changes the past to prevent traumatic events and succeeds, Time Travel - Character saves their younger self from trauma, Time Travel - Peggy Sue, Time Travel Fix-It
  • Non-Sexual Intimacy - Helping Someone Else To Shave, Non-Sexual Intimacy - Stitching Someone Else's Wound, Non-Sexual Intimacy - Washing Someone Else's Hair
  • Crew as Family, Nakamaship
  • Cuddling & Snuggling, hugs aren't optional
  • Disguises - Masks & Costumes, Disguises - Pretending to be a different gender
  • Dubious/Ambiguous Morality, Ethical Dilemmas
  • Dysfunctional Family, Family Issues, Family Reunions
  • finding friends, Getting Past Childhood Loneliness and Solitude
  • gender questioning, Gender Roles, Genderbending
  • Inclusion of Original Characters
  • Justice
  • Platonic Cuddling, Platonic Morons, Platonic Relationships
  • Polyamory, Polyamory Negotiations
  • Resurrection
  • Retirement
  • Revolution
  • Sea Monsters
  • Secret Secret-Keeper
  • Self Confidence Issues
  • selfishness so powerful it saves people
  • Telepathy
  • Unhealthy Coping Mechanisms
  • unlikely friendship
  • Unrequited Hate, Unrequited Love


Anime/Manga & Live Action Requests
Mugiwara Kaizoku | Strawhat Pirates & Mugiwara Kaizoku | Strawhat Pirates
POV Outsider, Worldbuilding, Hurt/Comfort, Character Unexpectedly Turned into a Child, Time Travel, Alternate Universe - Canon Divergence, Alternate Universe: Everyone Lives/Nobody Dies, Alternate Universe - Daemons, Unlikely friendship, Alternate Universe - Different First Meeting, Alternate Universe - Role Reversal, Hijinks & Shenanigans, Ambiguous Relationships, Character Thinks No One Is Coming to Save Them (Everyone is Coming to Save Them), Crew as Family

I love all the Strawhats, and I love the ways they interact with each other; all of their relationships feel very distinct (and I love the different groups that get split off together in various arcs which really emphasize those relationships) but very fun nonetheless. I'd love to see them working together in whatever way (and at whatever time) you choose.

For Hurt/Comfort, the Strawhats are all so ride or die for each other, and I love the way our canonical h/c really leans into that (unanticipated) solidarity, that even when a Strawhat thinks they're not worth saving the rest of the crew is running towards them.

For a different first meeting or role reversal, I'd love a backstory swap of the Strawhats. Maybe Luffy is the one constantly declaring Shanks is coming back, or Sanji is the one fighting hard to save the Baratie from someone demanding tribute money from it. What changes about the Strawhats here, and what stays the same? I'd also be into an AU where they meet under different circumstances (all getting arrested at the Marine branch, or meeting in jail) or for a different purpose (forming a Marine squad, maybe?).

For the time travel tags, I'd love to see the Strawhats interfering in each other's backstories (maybe not in the ways that they were intending to, or interacting with elements they weren't aware of to start with), or maybe all journeying together to a time and place they know nothing about.

For getting turned into a child, I'd love the characters to get a chance to witness (and maybe compare notes on, if this is a running thing) each other's terrible backstories. If they're all made children at once, how do they work together against whatever made them that way?

Focus: Nami
POV Outsider, Worldbuilding, Hurt/Comfort, Character Unexpectedly Turned into a Child, Time Travel, Alternate Universe - Canon Divergence, Alternate Universe - Different First Meeting, Alternate Universe - Role Reversal, Alternate Universe: Everyone Lives/Nobody Dies, Alternate Universe - Daemons, Unlikely friendship, Hijinks & Shenanigans, Ambiguous Relationships, Character Thinks No One Is Coming to Save Them (Everyone is Coming to Save Them), Getting Past Childhood Loneliness and Solitude, Heist

Nami is one of my favorite characters. In the East Blue saga/Live Action S1, I really like her complicated motives, the way she's internally one step to the side of everyone else when it comes to her expectations and plans. And, even once everyone's on the same page, she has a great ruthlessly opportunistic streak, and I love the way she leverages the skills and resources she has to the crew's advantage.

I really like when Nami's thieving abilities come into play (pickpocketing the referee's whistle in Long Ring Long Land!), and I'd love to see a quick little heist she does on a crew (or a Marine branch) that only realizes what hits them after the fact, but I'd also really love to see more of her mapmaking skills, or her ability to read the weather.

Nami's also very charismatic when she wants to be, and I really enjoy the way she builds relationships with nearly all the female characters she comes across; it avoids a lot of kind of annoying tropes about girls being territorial/catty. She also has great romantic chemistry with many of them, and I'd love to see that explored as well, especially if it's a relationship where she has sincere feelings but is also using the relationship in some way (to get intel, cause a distraction, etc.).

Nami's backstory lends itself so well to hurt/comfort, especially since prior to the end of Arlong Park there's got to be some distance between her and any comfortee (because she's planning/wanting to steal from them, because they're Arlong's crew, because of her complicated relationship with Cocoyashi) that really gives a certain je ne sais quoi to any emotional whump going on.

For the de-aging tag in specific, I think her taciturn nature surrounding her backstory is great fodder for dramatic irony. Is she pre-Arlong, a kid with clear money issues but only the hangups around pirates that a devil-may-care Marine would impress upon her? Is she post-Arlong, with this new tattoo no one's seen before and amped up about something she's utterly unwilling to talk about? (Also add in the fact that the post-East Blue crewmembers don't necessarily know much about her backstory, and the confusion that results.)

I'd love to see more about Nami's time with the Arlong Pirates more generally, the okay moments and how they make the worse times worse, the adjustment period once that's firmly behind her. Does she ever miss it? I'd also love to see more of her pre-Arlong childhood, and how she recontextualizes those memories as time goes on and things go awry.

For the time travel tags, I'd love to see a loop centered around Arlong's initial arrival (or maybe a varying-length one centered around the destruction of Arlong village), or Nami (and friends?) going back to that day, to change things or merely to observe them.

And, of course, there is always Alternate Universe: Everyone Lives/Nobody dies, where everything is beautiful and nothing hurts. I'm down for both Arlong attacking (and either being repelled or leaving Bellemere alive for whatever reason), or a universe where he found somewhere else to pick on entirely, and I'd love to see how Nami's relationship with Bellemere (and the family's poverty/Nami's stealing) evolve over the years. Does she decide to enlist in the Marines, who presumably do some cartography, instead of becoming a pirate?

Zeff & Sanji
POV Outsider, Worldbuilding, Hurt/Comfort, Character Unexpectedly Turned into a Child, Time Travel, Alternate Universe - Canon Divergence, Alternate Universe: Everyone Lives/Nobody Dies, Alternate Universe - Daemons, Alternate Universe - Different First Meeting, Alternate Universe - Role Reversal, Hijinks & Shenanigans, Ambiguous Relationships, Character Thinks No One Is Coming to Save Them (Everyone is Coming to Save Them), Getting Past Childhood Loneliness and Solitude, Adult or Teenage Character's Childhood Backstory, Metaphorical ghosts of character's tragic past start to manifest physically, Nightmares that are memories, Vinsmoke Sora Lives

I love these two's relationship! The way Zeff goes from being an adversary to actively saving Sanji's life (at the cost of his leg) because of their shared dream is a really compelling start, and I love the mutual antagonism that doesn't actually cancel out affection or protective instincts.

I'd love to see some of Zeff's life prior to meeting Sanji, the way that those experiences shaped him to make the choices he made on the rock and afterward, and the ways that his life changes (or doesn't!) as a result. How much does he know/figure out about Sanji's past right away, and how much does he only realize when the whole mess comes to life?

For Outsider POV, I imagine some of the Baratie's staff knew Zeff (or of Zeff) prior to the shipwreck, and I'd love to see their reaction to him turning a new leaf with an exceedingly kicky child in tow. It would also be interesting to see the Vinsmokes' understanding of Zeff and Sanji's relationship (and how that differs, potentially quite wildly, from reality).

Sanji's backstory (either of them, really) is a recipe for h/c, and I'd love to see him dealing with the aftereffects of them. I'd also love an AU where Germa comes for Sanji early, or takes Zeff captive more directly.

Speaking of AUs, what happens if Sora lives? Does she take Sanji and run? Does he still get "killed" and then run away? If she learns about Sanji's continued survival, what's her reaction to his and Zeff's relationship?

For a role reversal, I'd love to see an adult Sanji (could be a pirate, could be working with Germa, could be anything in between) get marooned with a kid Zeff, and how this does and doesn't mesh with kid Sanji and adult Zeff on the rock. (This also works really well with time travel, I think, and some wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey recursiveness of each being so influenced by the other's kindness and influencing them in return.) It could also be fun (with or without age swapping) for Zeff to be the disgraced prince of Germa whose ship is attacked by pirates containing a scrawny sous chef/cabin boy, and the complications that result.

For a different first meeting, I'd love to see something that emphasizes Sanji's first backstory involved. Maybe Zeff comes to clash with Germa over something, and that's how the two meet. It would also be very sweet if Sanji just shows up at Baratie, insisting he become a cook there!

Anime/Manga only
Focus: Nico Robin
POV Outsider, Worldbuilding, Hurt/Comfort, Character Unexpectedly Turned into a Child, Time Travel, Alternate Universe - Canon Divergence, Alternate Universe: Everyone Lives/Nobody Dies, Alternate Universe - Daemons, Unlikely friendship, Alternate Universe - Different First Meeting, Alternate Universe - Role Reversal, Hijinks & Shenanigans, Ambiguous Relationships, Character Thinks No One Is Coming to Save Them (Everyone is Coming to Save Them), Getting Past Childhood Loneliness and Solitude, Crew as Family, Ambiguous Morality,
Metaphorical ghosts of character's tragic past start to manifest physically, Nightmares that are memories

Robin is such a great character! I love her fascination with archaeology and her morbid moments (especially the way she sometimes seems to do them just to mess with Usopp), and that even before she allies with the Strawhats, when her motives are up in the air at best and villainous at worst, one of the first things we learn about her is that she's unwilling to give Crocodile the location of a weapon of mass destruction. (And has a plan for the double-cross!)

And then there's the entirety of Water 7/Enies Lobby, where she leaves the Strawhats to save them and then is saved in turn, in a method that fulfills at least 3 different tags above! (That saga was good to me on so many levels.) I'd love to see Robin's inner thoughts in that period, the way that she accepts she wants to live - and that, after so long, others want her to as well.

For Everyone Lives/Nobody Dies, there's so much potential in an Ohara AU - from Olivia grabbing Robin and running, to some of the archaeologists making an escape with Robin in the narrow window of time they have left, to some situation where the buster call is more incomplete. I'd also really love an AU focusing on recent revelations wrt Saul and the books, where he finds Robin earlier, and she gets some giant friends before she gets some human friends.

Any scenario where Robin has some support during her fugitive era is catnip to me, honestly. A pirate crew not swayed by her bounty (like the Whitebeards), the Revolutionaries, the Water 7 crew taking her in because they're afraid of what might happen if the Government manages to take her alive (and how that makes Tom's arrest even messier)... anyone, please give this girl a break, lol.

Or, to make everything hurt a little more, an AU where Robin is nominally working for the government, as a Warlord in her own right or CP0's dirtiest little secret, and how she manages to navigate her need to keep the WG appeased with her knowledge that they cannot, under any circumstances, learn where the ancient weapons are!

I also think Robin works really well as a vehicle for worldbuilding; she knows so much (some of which she's absolutely not supposed to), and has lived through so much upheaval, that she's got a great background to explain (and create new questions about) stuff, both in canon (all the poneglyph revelations, but also the Jaya bit with the fallen ship and her anthropology knowledge) and in fic.

Nico Robin & Trafalgar D. Water Law
POV Outsider, Worldbuilding, Hurt/Comfort, Character Unexpectedly Turned into a Child, Time Travel, Alternate Universe - Canon Divergence, Alternate Universe: Everyone Lives/Nobody Dies, Alternate Universe - Daemons, Unlikely friendship, Alternate Universe - Different First Meeting, Alternate Universe - Role Reversal, Hijinks & Shenanigans, Ambiguous Relationships, Character Thinks No One Is Coming to Save Them (Everyone is Coming to Save Them)

I think these two make very excellent foils to each other, given their respective backstories, and I'd love to see that explored. How much does Robin know of Flevance, and how much does Law understand of a buster call? And, if they don't realize the relevance of that knowledge to the other first, how do they figure it out?

For an alternate first meeting, I'd love to see these two (and friends!) join forces earlier, when they're both extremely on the run, even if it's just for a short time.

For a role reversal (or another alternate first meeting), I think Robin's backstory would prime her for Doflamingo in the same way that Law's primes him; they're both very lonely, very traumatized kids who the world very actively wants dead, and to be offered a place that claims to want to accept you… and, of course, Doffy would likely be quite eager to get his hands on the ancient weapons.

Robin's also the only member of her crew (other than Nami) with significant experience working with/within other pirate crews, and I think that could help her give Law some much needed context for Luffy (and the Strawhats, in his image) Just Being Like That.

Jinbei/Nico Robin
POV Outsider, Worldbuilding, Hurt/Comfort, Character Unexpectedly Turned into a Child, Time Travel, Alternate Universe - Canon Divergence, Alternate Universe: Everyone Lives/Nobody Dies, Alternate Universe - Daemons, Unlikely friendship, Alternate Universe - Different First Meeting, Alternate Universe - Role Reversal, Hijinks & Shenanigans, Ambiguous Relationships, Character Thinks No One Is Coming to Save Them (Everyone is Coming to Save Them), Fighting as a form of flirting, Relationship Study

I've been lowkey shipping this since Fishman Island, when Robin says that she can't deny a request from a handsome man and Jinbe has a little grin. Their shippy moments are a bit understated, but I really like that; they're secure enough in their feelings (and their selves outside of a relationship) to be casual about it. They've also got a very nice ideological contrast, with Jinbe as extremely honorable (even to his own detriment at times) and Robin willing to do whatever it takes to keep herself and her people safe.

For a different first meeting, I'd love to see something in the period where Robin is on the run and Fisher Tiger is on the move, or perhaps after that when Jinbe is a warlord encountering Robin running some scheme (either pre-Baroque Works or during her Miss Sunday era).

For a role reversal, I'd love to see the circumstances where Robin ends up a warlord (and what becomes her last straw to quit and join the Strawhats!), and how Jinbe deals with being hunted (and maybe making the ethical compromises Robin does, with eg Crocodile.)

O-Kiku/Yamato (One Piece)
POV Outsider, Worldbuilding, Hurt/Comfort, Character Unexpectedly Turned into a Child, Time Travel, Alternate Universe - Canon Divergence, Alternate Universe: Everyone Lives/Nobody Dies, Alternate Universe - Daemons, Unlikely friendship, Alternate Universe - Different First Meeting, Alternate Universe - Role Reversal, Hijinks & Shenanigans, Ambiguous Relationships, Character Thinks No One Is Coming to Save Them (Everyone is Coming to Save Them), Gender Bending, gender questioning, Enemies to Lovers, Fighting as a form of flirting

(Quick note: I don't have a strong preference for Yamato's pronouns; I'm using he/him in this request because that's what the official English translation uses and for easy differentiation.)

I saw this in the tagset and was super intrigued! Beyond the sheer Gender of it all (between Kiku having "the heart of a woman" and Yamato's identity mostly centered around being Oden rather than a man/woman), the interpersonal dynamic is so complex. Oden's loyal retainer and someone modeling himself after Oden, but also Kiku as sworn to defeat Kaido (to avenge Oden!) and Oden's child (kept unwillingly in Oden's service!) I'd love to see them finding their footing wrt those dynamics now that Luffy's left and they're both Momo's retainers.

For the de-aging prompt, these two come from wildly different contexts and backgrounds, and it'd be interesting to explore that with a version of one of these two who has no idea that different context exists. Kiku (especially pre-Oden) who's not used to political intrigue/danger but knows hunger, or a Yamato actually in Wano at that age and expecting things to run like the Beast Pirates.

For a different first meeting, I'd love for Kiku and Yamato to meet prior to the time jump, and the ways that impacts their initial dynamic. ("You were my childhood crush of the scabbards except we're now the same age and my dad is dead" or "oh, that kid [who helped us escape/was at the execution/etc.] grew up very hot" or whatever else you'd like to dream up.)

For a role reversal… oh, there's so many juicy options. A Yamato, already firmly idolizing Oden, who got jumped forward in time versus a Kiku who stayed behind and lived through those years! A Kiku pressed into Kaido's service versus a Yamato who's Oden's (and now Momo's) acknowledged/known retainer! (And how that would affect his backstory and reference for being Oden!)

Donquixote "Corazon" Rosinante & Monkey D. Dragon
POV Outsider, Worldbuilding, Hurt/Comfort, Character Unexpectedly Turned into a Child, Time Travel, Alternate Universe - Canon Divergence, Alternate Universe: Everyone Lives/Nobody Dies, Alternate Universe - Daemons, Unlikely friendship, Alternate Universe - Different First Meeting, Alternate Universe - Role Reversal, Hijinks & Shenanigans, Ambiguous Relationships, Character Thinks No One Is Coming to Save Them (Everyone is Coming to Save Them), Donquixote "Corazon" Rosinante Lives, Ambiguous Morality

These two are rough age peers, and with their respective father figures both being highly-placed Marines, it's at least possible they knew each other as teens/young adults. What was that relationship like, and how did it change over the years?

Both Dragon and Rosinante have… complicated relationships with their respective family members, and I'd love to see the ways those issues bring about common ground but also conflict. Like, Rosinante very much understands the need to get away from family, but I think he'd be a lot warier about sending Luffy to be raised by Garp given his and Dragon's lack of positive relationship at that point.

And speaking about complicated views and potential conflict… their respective views on the World Government! And the way those views are shaped by their respective experiences with vigilante justice for Rosinante and the WG's abuses for Dragon. (And the fact that, however much he is very shut out of Mary Geoise, was a Celestial Dragon.) Both of these two have messy, complicated understandings of justice, and I'd love to see that explored.

For a fix-it AU, Rosinante drawing on Dragon (and the Revolutionary Army) for the Op-Op/Law/Doflamingo situation would be excellent.

Donquixote "Corazon" Rosinante/Smoker
POV Outsider, Worldbuilding, Hurt/Comfort, Character Unexpectedly Turned into a Child, Time Travel, Alternate Universe - Canon Divergence, Alternate Universe: Everyone Lives/Nobody Dies, Alternate Universe - Daemons, Unlikely friendship, Alternate Universe - Different First Meeting, Alternate Universe - Role Reversal, Hijinks & Shenanigans, Ambiguous Relationships, Character Thinks No One Is Coming to Save Them (Everyone is Coming to Save Them), Donquixote "Corazon" Rosinante Lives, Justice, I Confessed My Love Because I Was About To Die...But Then I Survived

And speaking of complicated and differing views on justice! While Smoker is more than willing to acknowledge the Marines' faults (and seek out justice outside of its orders), his big "screw the navy, I'm doing justice" moments are very much prioritizing the common good over people the Navy protects, so I'm not sure how his own brand of justice would jive with Rosinante more or less abandoning his undercover mission for Law. Smoker's also implicitly not read in on the SWORD stuff (because Tashigi isn't), and I think Rosinante's mission after Doffy probably is SWORD.

In a Rosinante Lives AU, does he rejoin the Marines (and end up acting as a mentor figure), or is he some flavor of fugitive that Smoker comes across elsewhere? I would also love an AU where Smoker saves Rosinante, either striking out to find him outside of the Op-Op issue or by being the first (or second, for the angst potential!) Marine for Law to encounter.

Smoker & X Drake
POV Outsider, Worldbuilding, Hurt/Comfort, Character Unexpectedly Turned into a Child, Time Travel, Alternate Universe - Canon Divergence, Alternate Universe: Everyone Lives/Nobody Dies, Alternate Universe - Daemons, Unlikely friendship, Alternate Universe - Different First Meeting, Alternate Universe - Role Reversal, Hijinks & Shenanigans, Ambiguous Relationships, Character Thinks No One Is Coming to Save Them (Everyone is Coming to Save Them), Ambiguous Morality

Smoker and Drake are both unorthodox Marines, though in very different ways, and I'd love to see how that impacts their relationship. Do they consider the other reckless, or is there a strong understanding between them despite their different actions?

It's implied during Koby's rescue that Smoker probably isn't SWORD, and I wonder how much he knows about it - and about Drake's continued Marine status. Does he try to hunt Drake down? What is his feeling about SWORD in general, if he knows about it.

It would also be really interesting to see these two prior to Drake striking out as a pirate. What was their relationship like at that point, and how do both of them feel about that period of time in hindsight?

Profile

seal_nonnie: (Default)
seal_nonnie

August 2026

S M T W T F S
      1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
2324252627 2829
3031     

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 29th, 2026 11:38 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios